Subject: Re: New option and encoding support
From: Ondřej Jirman
Date: Tue, 18 Aug 2020 17:16:19 +0200
Hi,

On Mon, Aug 03, 2020 at 06:57:49PM +0200, Jiří Podhorský wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I would like to add new option.
> I have seen the commands of megatools are trying again and again the
> same procedure even there is no connection, co it will always fail.
>
> I have created script for sync file using megatools for android in
> termux, but this repeating trying is not good for the script.
> I will do my own while loop and test for connection, but I need the
> command finish the operation, so I don't have to somehow kill it in
> script.

I don't have much interest in adding features to megatools these days,
but I don't mind accepting patches and doing releases from time to time.

So feel free to send a patch.

> Also, I would be glad, if different encoding is supported. Now I can
> now see, some symbols not in standard 128 char ascii is replaced by
> numbers without escape sequence. Some of the files I wanted to upload
> has name in non-standard ascii and I don't know how to upload them.

Alternative encodings are supported, you just need to configure your
environment variables correctly. Maybe with static builds, that use
musl, the set of encodings is limited, because musl's iconv is limited,
but normal megatools build based on system's libraries, should work fine.

regards,
	o.