Subject: Megatools link format changed
From: Max Turgor
Date: Mon, 24 Aug 2020 21:05:44 -0400
Hi,

Thanks for creating megatools! I wanted to point out that the mega.nz link
format appears to have changed again, causing the tool (v 1.11.0) to reject
the links. (I think the links are just more characters now?) Here's a small
example file:

*megadl
https://mega.nz/file/rto3RJTb#qvkRM7D1tdrl-R4-b0hcQVwj3FvLOpRL6wEFr8nMjF4
<https://mega.nz/file/rto3RJTb#qvkRM7D1tdrl-R4-b0hcQVwj3FvLOpRL6wEFr8nMjF4>*
WARNING: Skipping invalid Mega download link:
https://mega.nz/file/rto3RJTb#qvkRM7D1tdrl-R4-b0hcQVwj3FvLOpRL6wEFr8nMjF4

The same appears to be an issue with folders.

*megadl https://mega.nz/folder/Op43xICA#EOCBiRQsgc-An93XW6bkCA
<https://mega.nz/folder/Op43xICA#EOCBiRQsgc-An93XW6bkCA>*
WARNING: Skipping invalid Mega download link:
https://mega.nz/folder/Op43xICA#EOCBiRQsgc-An93XW6bkCA

Since the format of the link appears to change somewhat regularly, I wonder
if it would make sense to either skip link validation, or provide a
--skip-validation option to allow a forced bypass of the validation step in
case the format changes again.

Thanks for maintaining such a great tool!
 -M