Subject: Re: megatools - NOT a bug!
From: Ondřej Jirman
Date: Tue, 23 Apr 2019 12:09:45 +0200
Hi,

On Fri, Apr 19, 2019 at 11:21:34PM -0500, C B wrote:
> Hey, just wanted to thank you for the experimental static megatools tar for
> debian 64 (megatools 1.11.0-git-20190324).  They works great on Debian 8,
> while the older preinstalled (I'm not root) packages get kinda confused
> about things.   It's currently fetching from 1MB to 15MB/s.

Yeah, measurement is done in 1s intervals with no averaging, so it doesn't
smooth out the display of dl/ul speed and it's a bit jumpy.

> Haven't tried a newly created ID yet (201811+), I expect that to still
> break. :-(  Oh well.

Yes.

> I like the single command syntax with an action verb, although you might
> create 1-liner shell scripts to convert the old syntax "megadl" to the new
> one "megatools dl "$@"'".  But that might be more support, so you might add
> a "for" script in the installation doc that creates links for the old stuff
> and let THEM install it if necessary. :-)

You can also create symlinks to megatools and if you run megatools via symlink
it will use the right command.

For example:

	ln -s /bin/megatools megals
	./megals

and it will do the same thing as megatools ls

> Just wanted to drop you a line - thanks again!

:)

regards,
	Ondrej