Megatools - command line client for Mega.nz
Megatools is a collection of programs for accessing Mega.nz service from a command line of your desktop or server.
Megatools allow you to copy individual files as well as entire directory trees to and from the cloud. You can also perform streaming downloads for example to preview videos and audio files, without needing to download the entire file.
You can register account using a 'megareg' tool, with the benefit of having true control of your encryption keys.
Megatools are robust and optimized for fast operation - as fast as Mega servers allow. Memory requirements and CPU utilization are kept at minimum.
Mega website can be found at mega.nz.
Keep yourself in the loop about new releases and features via RSS.
- Megatools 1.9.98 released with bugfixes and some new features.
- Megatools 1.9.97 released with bugfixes.
- Megatools 1.9.96 released with bugfixes.
- Megatools 1.9.95 released with bugfixes.
- Megatools 1.9.94 released with bugfixes.
- Megatools 1.9.93 released with bugfixes.
- Megatools 1.9.92 released with many bugfixes, solved annoying server busy errors, and windows package updates (new 64bit package!).
- Megatools 1.9.91 released with bugfixes and all new man pages.
- Megatools 1.2.2 released with many bugfixes
- Megatools now support OpenSUSE 12.1+
- Megatools now support shared folders, downloading exported folders, video/image thumbanils, and contacts management!
- Megatools now play well with major linux distros, Ubuntu 12.04+, Fedora 17+, Arch Linux, Suse,... Mega library for building your own tools is now available!
- You can now register new Mega accounts with megareg tool
- Megatools 1.0.0 released
See NEWS file for more details.
Manual pages for the tools are included in the packages. On Linux you can access them as usual, via 'man megatools'.
You can also view the online manual pages.
Showcase of megatools in a video: View on YouTube in hi-res
You can download the latest source code here:
You can download megatools binaries for windows here (documentation is included):
- megatools-1.9.98-win32.zip (3523 kB)
- megatools-1.9.98-win32.zip.asc (1 kB)
- megatools-1.9.98-win64.zip (3839 kB)
- megatools-1.9.98-win64.zip.asc (1 kB)
- For older versions see Archive
To install megatools on Arch Linux you can use yaourt. Megatools can be found in AUR.
Thanks to Alberto Garcia, megatools was accepted into debian unstable, so you can use apt-get to install it easily.
Bugs and support
Please report bugs on github or via email:
Project status: Megatools have two branches of development. Stable (1.9.9X) and dev (future 2.0.x). Dev branch contains very nice implementation of various mega.nz features like sharing, moving files, exports, "anonymous" temporary accounts, etc. It does not allow to upload or download data yet. Stable branch works fine for most basic use cases.
You can join development of megatools on github:
If you benefit from megatools and would like to see it improve and grow, you can donate bitcoin to 1PYob6U3k8rBJcqVEKr6MhCHo7rNyQo4H4